How can I fix Resin Letter Keychains w/Glitter

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Amber

Hi there,

I tried my hand at making resin keychains for my daughter’s cheer team, using a regular alphabet mold (not reversed), some powdered mica pigment, and glitter. Of course I love the side of the letter that is the “bottom” as the glitter is vibrant and more settled there. This means that the “pretty side” of the letter is backwards of course on many letters. It has been 24 hours and everything has cured. Can I dome the opposite side that isn’t as glittery with resin and a layer of glitter to give a similar finish? If yes how would I do this? If not what do you recommend? I’d hate to scrap what I have done as they are pretty, just not glittery on both sides like I’d like. Thanks for your help, I did so much research with your videos and posts before trying this, and I was pretty confident I had it down LOL

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Amber,

Yes, you can fix this by doming resin on the ‘non-pretty’ side. The Resin Obsession crystal doming resin works great for a situation like this. You can buy it in our store here: https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/resin/products/resin-obsession-crystal-doming-epoxy-resin-jewelry-grade

You will want to do it by mixing the resin, then applying the mixed resin to the ‘non-pretty’ side. Draw it to the edge carefully so it doesn’t run over the edge. This article shows the techniques you will need to use: https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-tutorials/domino-resin-pendant-tutorial/

Amber Lichty

Thank you so much! Is it ok to add the glitter to the resin that you suggest to dome as well?

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

Hi Amber,

You can, but depending on your glitter, it may be heavy enough to sink in the resin. If you want the resin to float on the surface, wait until the end of the resin’s pot time to apply the glitter on top of the resin. That way, it will stay on the resin surface.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘How can I fix Resin Letter Keychains w/Glitter’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube