How can I make a mold of a phone case?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Sergio Orozco

Hello friends, I am very new to working with resin and one thing that I would like to do is my own Cel phone case, I think that I could use a generic case and maybe composi mold to create my own mold but I dont know if this would be the best way, any suggestions will be greatelly apreciated, thank you

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Sergio, I think this would be a great way to start. Do you have a mold box to fit the phone case?

Sergio Orozco

Hi Katherine, I was thinking about using a regular case, I think I can dip it in composimold and then use resin and some other elements to duplicate the case, I just hope the Composimold does not colapse in the thinner areas.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Sergio,

You are not going to be able to dip your original case in Composimold and expect to have a workable mold. You are going to need a mold box. Do you have something in mind?

Sergio Orozco

Hi Katherine, I used an old food container, covered it with a plastic bag and poured the the composimold in it, it worked surprisingly well, but maybe resin is not the best material for a case after all, the back part looks amazing, but it is clearly not going to work on the sides where you need to push the buttons of the phone to make it work, its back to the drawing board for on this, I need to look around the website for options on other kinds of resin, I love this material.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Sorry to hear things didn’t go well. 🙁 Thanks for sharing the update.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The topic ‘How can I make a mold of a phone case?’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube