How can I stop my resin from curing before I pour?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Alexis Gillis

I move extremely fast and for some reason by the time I have finished stirring my last ink into my resin the first cup I poured has already began to harden. It worked fine when I practiced on a smaller piece and used a smaller amount of resin. But of course when I felt confident enough to do the big piece it hardened and I could nor use any of it. I must be doing something wrong…but don’t know what. I’m too afraid to do another big piece and waste more money.

Thoughts?

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

What kind/brand of resin are you using?

Alexis Gillis

Castin’ Craft® Clear Polyester Casting Resin. I am going to order tabletop resin off of amazon today, but that was the only type of resin I could find in a store.

Also I got a mini torch and I’m definitely doing it wrong because it does nothing really. Except catch on fire occasionally.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Polyester casting resin is a fussy beast. The amount of catalyst you add is dependent on the depth of the casting. Even still, external factors such as the temperature of the resin and your casting area can speed up the process. For this reason, I don’t recommend polyester resin as a tabletop coating. The Resin Obsession artwork resin will give you better results. You can buy it in our store here: https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/resin/resin-obsession-artwork-resin

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘How can I stop my resin from curing before I pour?’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube