How do I get started?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Robin

Hello everyone! =) I’ve been really curious for some time now and I’ve also been reading here and there. I’m very curious to try this craft.I just don’t really know where to start…I haven’t purchased anything. I know safety and PPE is involved because my father went from building balsa wood model airplanes to the real thing. Epoxy was involved in each, and he didn’t wear protection. His first true airplane was his last because of the damage epoxy fumes caused to his lungs.

So, basically, I am needing a list of supplies I will need to buy including PPE. If anyone can help, thank you.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Robin,

What do you want to make? The supply list will vary slightly amongst projects.

This article explains all the resin safety requirements, including the supplies you should have.

Robin

As a beginner, I thought I’d start with keychains and perhaps trays. Thanks for the safety link. If I go forward with a purchase, I am definitely buying a mask rated for working with epoxy.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Thanks for those details Robin. This article explains what beginners need to craft with resin.

I hope you’ll come to the Resin Obsession store for your supplies. 🙂

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘How do I get started?’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube