How do you get printed words inside of resin?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      danni

I saw on one website that a lady is making keepsake jewellery with printed words in them and I would love to learn how to put printed words into resin for my own jewellery I make at home. You can see my work at mommy milk creations.

Katherine Swift

Hi Danni,

You can print the words onto clear transparency sheets, then cut them to use in your resin.  You can see what I’m talking about in this resin paper magnet tutorial:  https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-tutorials/resin-paper-magnet-tutorial/ 

danni

Thank you so much for the information. Where do I purchase the transparent sheets from?

danni

You also wouldnt happen to know how to stop breastmilk turning yellow in resin? I assumed that resin would preserve all and that you mix the milk with the resin then cast it into a mould and then cover it with a sealer. But this lady said she has 5 steps to preserving the milk in the resin but she doesnt add anything…
      I am trying to make myself a piece of breastmilk keepsake jewellery.

Katherine Swift

Hi Danni,

How I do it is to print out the clip art I want to use or use picmonkey.com to make words in fancy fonts.  Print them in black and white onto white paper.  Take it to a copy store and ask the to make you a copy on a transparency.  I think you can also print onto transparencies at home with an ink jet printer, but I dont own one.  If youre looking for free clip art, we have a board with them on Pinterest:  http://www.pinterest.com/resinobsession/printables-and-fonts/

Katherine Swift

Hi Danni,

I have never done this, but if the breastmilk is turning yellow in the resin, then its reacting with the resin.  My suggestion would be to somehow make the breastmilk into a pellet then sealing it before adding it to the resin.

Betsy

I know this is none of my business, but I cant help wondering why you would put breast milk in resin. The La Leche League was big when my children were babies – is this a new "movement" to promote breast feeding?

Maddie

Could you write on the transparent sheets or do they have to be printed I have a small pendant and o want to make sure everything fits perfect? Plus I feel like it would make it more personal for my best friend and I you know.

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

Hi Maddie, yes, I would expect you could write on them. If you try, use a paint pen. I worry a sharpie may run when it contacts the resin.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The topic ‘How do you get printed words inside of resin?’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube