How do you join two pieces of resin together?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

This question comes from Joyce:

When and how do you join two resin pieces together to make 1 piece? I would like to insert a mortal piece I have made with a loop.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Joyce,

You will want to make sure your two parts come together snugly. Sand as necessary to make that happen. You can then use some mixed resin as a glue to keep the two parts together.

I like to use a five minute epoxy for this purpose.

Sarah Jung

How would you join two flat backed resin pieces to make a 3d piece?

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

Same way as I talk about above. Use some mixed resin to glue the two pieces together.

sexynacy

use hot glue

Kitdragon2000

Hi, I would like to make a piece using multiple pieces, but I am concerned the joining will be seen, can you see it when you join the pieces if you use sand and additional resin?

Jasmine

Hi there, I’m making a resin chess set & have come to the bit attatching the pieces together. Can you please tell me the best way to do it. I see you need to sand them to make snug fit but now do I glue them or resin them & what sand paper grade is best or which glue is best.
      Many thanx

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Jasmine,

To glue them together, E6000 is what I like to use. You can find it in our store here: https://shop.resinobsession.com/products/e-6000-epoxy-jewelry-adhesive

As for how to sand the resin, this article explains more: https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-frequently-asked-questions/how-to-sand-resin-smooth/

Ashwin

if I use the same type of resin used to make the two pieces to join them, will it be a strong bond or will it come apart easily?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The topic ‘How do you join two pieces of resin together?’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube