How to achieve real marble stone product with mixture – marble dust and resin

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Dimitar

Hi everybody,

Hoping someone might answer my question and help me. I’m trying to cast a statues from resin mixed with marble dust. I have been looking up books, searching internet and trying with different recipes to make cast marbles. But I couldn’t really achieve one piece that looks like real marble and feel like real marble. The castings are good without air bubbles ,good shape,but when touched, it feels resin. My idea is on touching to be like stone(not resin). Would you please help me. So im using local (bulgarian made) epoxy resin (not cristal clear), so I mix:
      2 parts marble dust
      1 part epoxy resin
      A little white pigment
      So like I told you the statues are not bad,but when touched it feels resin, not real stone marble figure.Where is my mistake – resin or……
      Please for your help!!!

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Dimitar,

If you are using resin, I don’t know that you will be able to make the product feel like anything but resin.

Dimitar

Dear Katherin,
        Thanks for your answer, but my opinion is that the secret is the mixture. Before a few months I was on vacation in Greece (one of the biggest producer of marble statues), so I find many workshops who produced marble casting statues. I’ve asked in some places, so all of them answered me,that they mix marble powder with resin and some of them said that they backed the mixture on low temperature . When you touch the casting – it feels stone,not resin. Also there is some forums with different recepies you can check it:
        https://www.ehow.com/how_8623908_make-marble-resin-statues.html
        Regards

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘How to achieve real marble stone product with mixture – marble dust and resin’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube