How to clean tools of resin

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Meme

At first I was using pipettes to fill my molds, it’s great and all but I don’t like how they’re aren’t reusable, I hate to throw away so much plastic! So I switched to syringes, my only trouble is figuring how to clean them so they get clogged up. How might I do that?

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster
      sarah c

This isn’t a reply to the above but on the same topic so I hope this is the place to put the question! I use silicone mats when making my resin jewelry for obvious reasons, and they’re great, and big spills come off easily. But I find that after a while the get covered in little drips and smears that aren’t so easy to get off, and worse, make the surface lumpy so that things like doming get very difficult. Any tips on how to clean off all the little bits of dried goo?

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

Hi Sarah,

You can try putting mixed resin onto your spots, then let it cure. You should be able to peel everything off.

Shannon

I’ve also been using pampers baby wipes and they work great! (Has been hard to find alcohol!). Even takes sticky resin of skin!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘How to clean tools of resin’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube