How to get started selling pieces of art

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Jean

I have been learning and reviewing others works of art using resin and acrylics. I admit I’m addicted or In love with this method of art. I just love the depth of colors and constant “surprise” as to how the piece changes during the curing process. I have worked hard to hone in on the process and now I would like to learn more about how I can successfully sell my pieces. I started displaying them online to sell but I can’t get the photographs to show the beauty of these pieces. They way they reflect the light in the room and show veins of color. I think its best to see them in person. Did you start in craft fairs or join a local art gallery? Thank you for your advice.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Jean,

How wonderful that you are taking on a new adventure!

As for craft fairs versus an art gallery, for me at least, it comes down to one question. How much time do you have? If you have the time to do a weekend craft festival, you of course, will get more of the money. Having done them though, it can be a lot to set up a booth, stay for a weekend, take down and go home — only to have to do it again in a couple of weeks. Art galleries can be good if you don’t have time, but they will take 50% of your selling price. But for that 50%, they are displaying, talking to customers, etc.

Maybe another way to get started is to do a ‘pop up’ show for an afternoon? I did these a few times. You talk to a local business who is willing to let you set up for an afternoon, lunch hour, etc., for their employees to come in and take a look and perhaps make a purchase. Here are some other ideas for you too to get started: https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-jewelry-making-business/10-out-of-the-ordinary-places-to-sell-your-handmade-jewelry The article talks about jewelry, but the same concepts apply.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘How to get started selling pieces of art’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube