How to make water for a terrarium?

Resin jewelry making resin art supplies Forums How Can I…? How to make water for a terrarium?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Katherine Swift 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Katherine Swift
    Keymaster

This question comes from Karen:

I have a question I hope you can help me with. I am trying to make terrariums with a *water feature* like the attached photo. Can you help me figure out how to do this?

terrarium

#10101 Reply

Katherine Swift
    Keymaster

Hi Karen,

I would attack this in two ways.

1. For the ‘pond’ water, I would slightly color clear resin with a transparent resin color. We have several resins and colors here:

Resin
    https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/colorants/transparent

You will need to seal the area underneath the pond before casting the resin. Otherwise, your resin will seep into the ‘soil’ and/or discolor. A dark plastic is what I would use.

Allow everything to cure before going to the next part.

2. The waterfall is going to be tougher. You will need to wait to pour your clear resin until it is quite thick. If it were me, I would set up something to be the ‘scaffolding’ for the waterfall, I would then pour resin onto the scaffold knowing that it’s going to flow and pool. This second part is much harder. I’m guessing there may be some ‘miniature’ forums that might be able to offer better advice in this situation.

Good luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: How to make water for a terrarium?
Your information: