How to seal lock of hair in a locket

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Kim

Hi – my mother passed away and we saved some locks of her hair before she passed. My daughter bought she and I heart lockets so we can each have some of Grammies hair with us. It’s a jewelry locket so not much space in side, more like you would put a picture in so we just want a tiny bit of hair in it. I saw your Resin spray. Would we spray with that? and then how do we connect it in the locket? With Resin or will this spray make it sealed enough and stiff to then glue in it the locket? And if so what kind of glue do your recommend. Thank you

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Kim, you can use the resin spray or any clear drying white glue to seal the hair. When either of them dries, they will be stiff enough to work with in a locket.

You can see an example of how I used the sealer spray and glue for hair in beads here: https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-tutorials/how-to-make-pet-hair-beads

Elizabeth Sherriff

Hi. Was you able to make this work? My nan passed today sadly and I have a lock of hair and have purchased a silver locket to place her hair in so shes always with me. But unsure how to combine the two when the locket arrives. I don’t want to mess up as I’ll lose the hair 🙁

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘How to seal lock of hair in a locket’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube