Im not sure which resin to use, help!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Christina

Hi! Im trying to cast a resin handle/tube shape to contain electronics but there are so many products I don’t really know which ones are best and I don’t have the budget to try them all. I’m trying to cast a tube that is around 30cm long, ideally 0.3cm thickness (it can be thicker if recommended) that acts somewhat like a PVC pipe where its really durable and doesn’t break when dropped. Can anyone help with some recommendations please? Ive been trying to research Epoxy vs. Polyurethane and i’m not really getting any answers. Also, I do not have access to any ventilation systems so its all gloves and windows.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Christina, I would go with a polyurethane resin. It’s going to cure hard and be more durable in the long term. Some polyurethanes require extra safety equipment (ventilator, mask, etc.) while others do not. If you are flexible on what the finished product looks like (clear versus opaque, color versus no color), you should be able to find one that works with gloves and windows.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Im not sure which resin to use, help!’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube