Is art resin the ONLY resin

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Kelly

Has anyone had any experiences using another brand of resin to do painting? I am currently using the cheapest possible for what I am calling the experimental phase. It’s a little too thick to get good flow art. However I get 20 minutes pot time and it hard in 12 hours.
      Art Resin is 4x the cost even in bulk sizes and I’m hearing much longer hardening times (which is a negative to me). I’ve also seen a YouTube comparison saying Art Resin is on the runny side. I have a respirator for fumes and lots of air flow available, so no VOC is a plus but not necessary.

Before I bite the bullet and buy a large enough quantity to keep up with my needs, I’d love to hear some more opinions.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Kelly,

There are many resins out there to do artwork with. In fact, we sell our own brand here: https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/resin/resin-obsession-artwork-resin What it comes down to is what is important to you. Take cars for example. They all get us to the same place, but there are different features that we find important. This is is no different. It’s why some people prefer one brand of vehicle (or resin) over another.

I think you are going about this the right way — buy small quantities of a resin to try before you invest in a huge amount. I wish I had an easy answer for you, but you are going to have to continue to ‘play around’ to find out what’s important to you to achieve the results you want.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Is art resin the ONLY resin’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube