leaf bracelet

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Robin

How would I go about to make a real leaf bracelet.  How would I get the resin on the leaf without it falling apart or getting brown before being able to do the other side?  Also, how could I make it in a solid round bangle form with the leaves in it? 

Katherine Swift

Hi Robin,

You can use a doming resin to paint the leaf with the resin.  I would suggest doing one side, allow to cure, then do the other side.  If you want to use them in a bracelet mold, I would suggest cutting the leaves to fit the mold first.  It will be harder to cut them once they have been coated with resin.

On a side note, make sure your leaf is dry first.  For example, you can put it between the pages of a thick book for several days to get it to dry flat.  Resin hates moisture!

Robin

Thank you!  I searched the resins and none of them had that they were doming in their descriptions.  Which resin is the doming resin.  Maybe I am missing it but I could not find it.  Thanks for your help!

Katherine Swift

Hi Robin,

For the purpose of covering the leaf, I would go with the Resin Obsession crystal doming reisn.  https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/resin/resin-obsession-crystal-doming-resin  Its going to coat on very thick and will make the leaves very glossy. 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘leaf bracelet’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube