Resin Obsession – Resin Art, Crafts & Jewelry Supplies › Forums › Resin finishing › Looking for tray to help with dripping resin
- This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 6 months ago by Ann.
- August 23, 2013 at 8:50 am #1639AnnGuest
Im looking for something that I can put the little pieces of “resin paper” on while they are curing. Ive heard of a tray with little spikes sticking up that are really close together. You can set curing objects on it and the resin will just drip off. (The tray is not made specifically for resin-making, but it will work for what I need – if I can find one.) When I resin my little pieces of paper and set them on a cookie sheet with parchment paper on it (like I do for my curing bezels), the resin runs off the paper. Does anyone know of a tray like this and where I might get one? Or do you have any other ideas of things I can use to help with my dripping resin problem?
- August 25, 2013 at 1:14 am #1640Katherine SwiftGuest
I like to take a styrofoam tray and coat it with a sheet of wax paper. Push toothpicks into the wax paper so they can form a spiky platform to place your resin papers on.
Just a note: only do one side at a time. Otherwise, the resin will cure to the toothpicks!
- August 25, 2013 at 1:17 am #1641Katherine SwiftGuest
- September 5, 2013 at 1:50 am #1642AnnGuest
Thanks for sharing this great (ingenious!) idea, Katherine!! Im headed to the craft store to buy some styrofoam!!
- June 3, 2016 at 4:52 pm #5728JenGuest
I make bangles and I need a good finishing resin to brush onto my projects. I use silicone mold to ensure a glossy look, then sand with wet and dry paper. Would envirotex go on ok work a brush? Would you recommended the process above for controlling the drips?
- June 3, 2016 at 10:08 pm #5730Katherine SwiftKeymaster
What resin are you using now? Yes, the picture shown above is how I like to prop up bangles (and other items) for coating with another layer of resin. Have you considered our resin gloss sealer spray? https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/tools-and-supplies/products/castin-craft-gloss-resin-sealer-spray This video shows how I used it on a few castings with a cloudy surface:
- June 4, 2016 at 7:53 am #5731JenGuest
I am using castin craft epoxy resin for the bangles. I have used the castin craft gloss and I don’t love how it turns out. It makes the piece less expensive. My bracelets sell in high end boutique shops and i just want them to look even better. Shiny, smooth, and protected.
Do you rather sand by hand or a power tool? Maybe that’s a good way to shine it up?
- June 6, 2016 at 11:22 am #5732
- September 1, 2016 at 4:58 pm #6417CarolinaGuest
Little Windows has a silicone tray.
- The topic ‘Looking for tray to help with dripping resin’ is closed to new replies.