Making a sea glass resin table

Resin jewelry making resin art supplies Forums How Can I…? Making a sea glass resin table

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Penny 9 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Katherine Swift
    Keymaster

This question comes from Donna:

I would like to make a sea glass design on a large table. Since the glass has uneven edges, is there any advice you can offer. Should I glue to glass down first? Should I put wax paper around the edges? What should I create around the edge of the table to give a smooth edge which will be higher than the sea glass?

• #8270 Reply

Katherine Swift
    Keymaster

Hi Donna,

I would expect the glass would be heavy enough that it wouldn’t float while you are pouring the resin. It may, however, shift while you pour. Gluing the pieces down isn’t a bad idea.

As for the edges, I would suggest either a quality masking tape or clear packing tape. The resin won’t stick to the tape and you can remove it after it has cured.

• #8289 Reply

Penny

If you will be glueing sea glass, or any glass where you can see through to the bottom, be very, very light on the glue, otherwise you will see the glob of glue underneath. Since its a large surface perhaps a spray adhesive with a very light touch? I would experiment first.

Reply To: Making a sea glass resin table
Your information: