Making resin charms for paracord bracelets

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

This question comes from Donnie:

Hi, I am making some shoelace charms for paracord bracelets.The charms came with silicone domes but they don’t stick very well and are not waterproof. The dome are 12 x 16 mm and are slightly convex. They have a small lip around the photo area so do you think I could use resin tor this?

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Donnie,

I’m not clear on what you want to do. Is it that you want to replace the silicone domes with resin ones?

Donnie Gibson

Yes, I would like to replace the silicone domes with resin to seal them better. I was hoping that I could pour
      some resin on the charm and the small lip would hold it.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

The resin is not going to stick to the silicone, but you could use the silicone discs as a template to make a mold from. Is that something you would want to try?

Donnie Gibson

The charms are metal and the photo’s are printed on hi gloss photo paper. The resin would only be on the charm and the photo.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

You can apply a clear, doming resin to the metal and photos to give it a glossy finish. I would recommend the Resin Obsession crystal doming resin. You can buy it in our store here: https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/resin/products/resin-obsession-crystal-doming-epoxy-resin-jewelry-grade

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Making resin charms for paracord bracelets’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube