Making Resin Hazy & Tinted

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Matt

I’m in the process of trying to replicate a brain in a jar for next year’s Halloween. I researched photos of real brains in jars and the liquid always has a VERY slight haze and tint of color to it. Emphasis on the slight as it pertains to the haze. I’m sure I could replicate the color by dipping a toothpick into food coloring and applying a fraction of drop of green & yellow colors to the epoxy for the tint. The question is how to I make the epoxy come out where it’s like 95% crystal clear instead of perfectly clear like fresh water?

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately, there isn’t a formula for this. It’s going to be the kind of thing where you’re going to have to try a few color schemes, then see what you like best.

By the way, food coloring isn’t the best for coloring resin. This article explains more: https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-resin-resin/how-to-color-resin/

Matt

Thanks. I also have acrylic paint I can use. I’ll try experimenting with that in a little clear cup before I pour the full project. Aside from making my epoxy cold before mixing what can I try to give a very slight uniform haze throughout the resin?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Making Resin Hazy & Tinted’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube