Micro bubbles During the Curing Process. UV Resin

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Britt G

Hi there. I’m new to resin and have been making clay, hand painted pins. I wanted to seal them in UV resin but every time I do I end up with micro bubbles. According to my husband you can barely see them if at all. You do have to look close and get it in the right light I admit. But I wonder what is happening or what I’m doing wrong for this to happen? I warmed up the resin. I sealed the pins ahead of time. I hit it with a heatgun/lighter before curing. But every time I put it under the UV lamp, instant teeny bubbles can be seen under the light. I admit there is an AC that kicks on every 10 minutes to keep the house cool…but would that cause such a thing?

So, am I being super nit picky and this can be normal and acceptable? or am I doing something wrong or missing something? It’s beginning to drive me crazy. Any advice is appreciated.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Britt,

It sounds like it might be coming from the clay. Try painting a very thin layer of resin on first to soak into the clay, then do your next layer.

Britt G

Will do. I took a little breather and am starting back tonight. I’ll give it a shot. Thank you so much 🙂

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Micro bubbles During the Curing Process. UV Resin’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube