Hi! I’ve tried heat guns to pop bubbles and it left strange streaks in my resin in the past… It’s like it changed the surface layer of my resin. I REALLY prefer to use a lighter to pop bubbles. But very often I’ll accidentally get too close to the side of the mold with the flame and it fuses the resin to the flame. So crappy. I have gone through SO many coaster molds.
I read somewhere once about putting a very light coat of mineral oil on my mould and then proceeding as usual (while still being careful not to get a flame too close to the mold). I can’t find where I read that once. Does anybody have any experience with this? When I think about this idea, I wonder if the oil would mix with my resin and be noticeable??