- This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 6 months ago by Pljans.
- August 31, 2016 at 1:27 pm #6397
This question comes from Heather:
Hi, I made a resin counter top this weekend and after I poured it and it cured I noticed that in a few spots the Mod Podge that we had started to use to glue the items to the table with hadn’t dried. What will happen to those spots? Will I be OK to leave it or should I try to find a way to get it to dry? The base is wood so I should be able to drill up into the pockets to allow them air exposure if need be. Thank you so much for your help.
- August 31, 2016 at 1:28 pm #6398
What do these areas look like that make you think they are not dry?
- August 31, 2016 at 10:03 pm #6403HeatherGuest
The ModPodge is white in those areas. Where in other spots it is clear. That’s the biggest reason why I think it did not dry.
- September 2, 2016 at 3:54 pm #6473
Weird. I have never had modpodge stay white in the resin. Was the modpodge dry (clear) when you poured the resin?
- September 2, 2016 at 9:20 pm #6476Heather SnyderGuest
I’m not sure. Given the way it looks I don’t think it was dried. I had my grandfather helping me and so I was somewhat distracted. The ModPodge had only been given about an hour to dry before we poured. I think the spots that are white are where it had been applied thicker. I should have waited longer and double checked those areas before we mixed.
- September 3, 2016 at 11:25 am #6477
Ugh. The Mod Podge was not likely dry. I like to give that stuff 12 hours, if not longer, to dry before applying resin. If it were me, and the resin has cured in those spots, I would leave it alone. If it bothers you to see them, you can apply new things with the mod podge. Allow them to dry, then apply another layer of resin.
- September 4, 2016 at 1:15 am #6480Heather SnyderGuest
Ok. Awesome. I was really worried about it messing up the resin or like molding. Luckily it isn’t really noticeable but I will definitely be sure to double check next time I use ModPodge
- July 7, 2019 at 6:09 pm #58137PljansGuest
I glued pic with modge podge and resin on top turned white too
It was dry
So I assumed you couldn’t use a water base glue
So I’m wondering if glue stick would be ok?
I want to attach a net leaf to wood then resin over top
- The topic ‘Mod Podge not drying’ is closed to new replies.