Mod Podge not drying

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

This question comes from Heather:

Hi, I made a resin counter top this weekend and after I poured it and it cured I noticed that in a few spots the Mod Podge that we had started to use to glue the items to the table with hadn’t dried. What will happen to those spots? Will I be OK to leave it or should I try to find a way to get it to dry? The base is wood so I should be able to drill up into the pockets to allow them air exposure if need be. Thank you so much for your help.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Heather,

What do these areas look like that make you think they are not dry?

Heather

The ModPodge is white in those areas. Where in other spots it is clear. That’s the biggest reason why I think it did not dry.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Weird. I have never had modpodge stay white in the resin. Was the modpodge dry (clear) when you poured the resin?

Heather Snyder

I’m not sure. Given the way it looks I don’t think it was dried. I had my grandfather helping me and so I was somewhat distracted. The ModPodge had only been given about an hour to dry before we poured. I think the spots that are white are where it had been applied thicker. I should have waited longer and double checked those areas before we mixed.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Ugh. The Mod Podge was not likely dry. I like to give that stuff 12 hours, if not longer, to dry before applying resin. If it were me, and the resin has cured in those spots, I would leave it alone. If it bothers you to see them, you can apply new things with the mod podge. Allow them to dry, then apply another layer of resin.

Heather Snyder

Ok. Awesome. I was really worried about it messing up the resin or like molding. Luckily it isn’t really noticeable but I will definitely be sure to double check next time I use ModPodge

Pljans

I glued pic with modge podge and resin on top turned white too
      It was dry
      So I assumed you couldn’t use a water base glue
      So I’m wondering if glue stick would be ok?

I want to attach a net leaf to wood then resin over top

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Mod Podge not drying’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube