My flowers keep rising to the top of my resin :(

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Popteamresin

I am really new to using resin (literally started dabbling last weekend) and so far learned a lot (one of my first pieces came out really cloudy and I managed to fix it thanks to a handy Resin Obsession tutorial! Now it shines like glass :3) so thought I would try out a 3D square mould I have to try and set some very tiny flowers inside. My only problem is the flowers all rose to the top! I even waited until 20 minutes or so had passed and tried to push them back down with a cocktail stick with no success (the cocktail stick was coming out thick and gloopy so it was starting to thicken up). In the end I used two cocktail sticks to fish out the flowers and see if it was a resin issue once it set (like I didn’t mix it long enough or something). The square itself set great! So where am I going wrong? I’ve looked at videos and picture tutorials and it looks so easy so why am I totally failing? Any help would be awesome!

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi,

I am happy we have been a help to you!

If you want the resin to stay in specific location, you will need to pour in layers. You can see what I’m talking about in this article: https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-tutorials/button-bangle-resin-bracelet-tutorial

If you pour the next layer before the first layer has fully cured, it will minimize the lines between layers.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘My flowers keep rising to the top of my resin :(’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube