My thin resin cast is so easily bending

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      tomrader

Hello, i wanted to make jewelry with resin. I poured my first casts on my custom silicone molds. As its my first time casting i don’t really know if this is what’s supposed to happen. The surfaces and everything else is okay but they bend so easily almost like a gum. Is there something wrong with my resin or is this expected and how epoxy resin is?

They cured for 36 hours in a cold room.

Here is the video, i’m applying really little force.

https://youtu.be/zFxMVyiqnq4

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Tom,

What kind and/or brand of resin did you use?

Lori Aidt

I have a problem with this too. Unfortunately it’s not resin obsession clear resin. I love that stuff. I’m using the environmental technology kind. I’ve tried 4 times and I keep getting the same result. I got it for Christmas from the hubby and I’m sorry to say, I think it’s bad batch. I’ve decreased the amount of what I’m mixing and turned the heat up. All I’m doing is wasting time and resin and money with it. Help!!

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

Hi Lori, some resins, even when fully cured, will be soft or bendy. It probably has more to do with that versus you doing something wrong.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘My thin resin cast is so easily bending’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube