Need a temporary edging that resin will not stick to

Resin jewelry making resin art supplies Forums How Can I…? Need a temporary edging that resin will not stick to

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Deborah Pouliot 1 month ago.

• Author

Sally

Hi please help I’m trying to make a resin charm. The problem I face is I need a temporary outer edging that I can shape to my liking and will not stick to my resin. Any suggestions to what I can use.

• #11599 Reply

Katherine Swift
    Keymaster

Packing tape or masking tape works well (sticky side). If not, you can melt some wax and use that.

• #11646 Reply

Memeaux

I’ve seen both Silly Putty (which is silicone) used.
    Also, saw someone use silicone caulk for abstract shapes.
    I have also tried to master this challenge.
    Since making a mold with silicone caulk is not very difficult or expensive, you could potentially make a mold with your object, place the object in the mold and pour resin on top. Or use the reusable mold material seen on resin obsession..
    Without knowing what you plan to resin, don’t know if these ideas would solve your problem.
    Good luck!

• #14976 Reply

Barb

Silicone caulk works and resin won’t stick.

• #29122 Reply

Maya

Try hot glue on packing tape! Put Vicks on the glue once it is cooled so that it doesn’t stick.

• #29154 Reply

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Love this.

• #38172 Reply

Deborah Pouliot

Hi, I don’t understand using both tape and hot glue ???

• #33498 Reply

Tonny

You can use polypropylene or polyethyleen. Those are used for packing soap (shampoo) or drinks, like milk (don’t confuse with PET).
    Resin wil not stick to it.

Reply To: Need a temporary edging that resin will not stick to
Your information: