Need help with ResiBlast

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kat armstrong 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Katherine Swift
    Keymaster

This question comes from Tina-Louise:

I bought resi-blast through your website. I used fluid acrylic and acrylic inks. I tried first to add the resi-blast to the mixture before pouring (individual colors) then I did the second attempt adding the resi-blast to my dirty pour (all color mixed together). I also tried to add to resi blast on the top coat after pouring the colors onto my canvas. White was always included in my color combinations. I can’t get the cellular effect with Resi-blast, some tiny cells will show and disappear. PLEASE ADVICE

• #12250 Reply

Katherine Swift
    Keymaster

Hi Tina-Louise,

I’m sorry to hear you are having problems. I have always had good luck mixing 2 to 3 drops per 4 to 6 ounces of mixed resin/color and getting cells. What kind of pot time are you having with your resin?

• #12251 Reply

Aram Friedrich

Hi Tina-Louise,

Can you tell me which resin you are using and adding Resi-Blast to ?.

Thanks,

Aram

• #12260 Reply

Tina-Louise

I am using Art Resin with Fluid acrylics and Acrylic ink

• #12262 Reply

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Are you stirring it in? How much ResiBlast to how much resin are you using?

• #12261 Reply

Tina-Louise

I am using Art Resin. I mixed the resin for 3 mins then add the colorants then, I add the Resi-Blast

• #28534 Reply

Rita Batten

Where has all the resi-Blast gone? I am unable to find it…….HELP!!!!!

• #28602 Reply

Erika

Hi Rita –

I was searching the forum to ask the same thing =o) I would love to try the resi-blast! It sounds fun!

• #32388 Reply

kat armstrong

Weirdly I had great success with resiblast this being the second time I’ve used it. The first time however, I got absolutely nothing. I added the resi blast to a dirty pour and I don’t think I got a single cell. This time however I had a batch or coloured resin that I added the re blast too, and another batch that I added to my piece after pouring the initial batch. I did use a heat gun on there which might have made a difference? And I also used quite a generous amount of resiblast. I’d advise setting aside some time to play with it, and find out how it get what your looking for. I’m. Im not entirely sure I could replicate the same effects, but I think the heat helped, and also the interaction between the non resiblast resin, and the batch I’d added it to. I hope you can be successful in your cell quest!

Reply To: Need help with ResiBlast
Your information: