New To Resin Art

• This topic has 5 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years, 7 months ago by Authoress Scerina Elizabeth.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Authoress Scerina Elizabeth

Hi, I am an authoress who is about to start doing resin art in September.

My main concern is I want to use my bedroom for resin art creating – I am well aware of air ventilation and having a respirator for safety due to fumes.

I work with Non Toxic Resin but I just wanna know if it is safe to do resin art in my bedroom?

You see I live with my parents and my bedroom is my only private area where I can do my own thing without being in anyone’s way.

It is a small room. I am planning on using two fans for air ventilation – one blowing on me and one blowing the fumes away from me, plus have a crack window, PLUS a respirator mask

I read somewhere that fumes remain in the air for 8 to 10 hours – is that true?

And is having a crack window during that time with a fan blowing on me good enough and safe enough for adequate air ventilation?

I just want to make sure I am safe and doing what is safe before I begin resin art making

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

I’m glad to hear you are taking resin safety seriously. While the resin is curing, there is a potential for fumes.

I have a video in this article that explains how I handle room ventilation when I’m creating with resin: https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-frequently-asked-questions/can-epoxy-resin-make-you-sick/

I actually watched your video a few times and loved it. You actually helped me out a great deal.

Just wanted to hear from you personally what you thought.

I will be doing small resin art projects (Silicone Mold Casting & Resin Jewelry) – I plan to make resin book marks, photo blocks, keychains, etc – small stuff not huge enormous projects.

I read and heard somewhere when dealing with craft resin and when working with small resin projects all I need is a respirator mask, fans for ventilation, and a cracked window (when the weather is warm). But I just wanted to hear from a resin expert if that really is good enough for small resin craft and resin jewelry projects for my own peace of mind.

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

It sounds like you are taking the same precautions I do when I craft with resin. 🙂

Yah, I am. I just want to make sure I am being safe before I start and something unexpected happens. I just wanna make sure I done everything I am suppose to do safetywise and is not my fault.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The topic ‘New To Resin Art’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube