Newbie with problems :(

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Emma Bernard

Total newbie but really want to make a go of this and have some great ideas

I bought a resin kit – today have worked out I bought a polyester resin kit – I’m getting tackiness when cured – the ones from 3 days ago are less tacky today but yesterdays although cured still tacky

I have mixed better for second cast – and today done a cast with a lot warmer room

But – on research – is this just because its polyester resin? Do I need to buy epoxy?
      Thank you xx

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Emma,

I’m sorry to hear things aren’t going well for you. For what it’s worth, sticky resin is a common beginner problem. Hang in there!

Is the resin only sticky on the surface exposed to air, but fully cured underneath? If so, that’s normal for polyester resin. You can sand off the stickiness or use something like our resin gloss sealer spray to seal the surface. https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/tools-and-supplies/products/castin-craft-gloss-resin-sealer-spray

Emma Bernard

Thank you !! I did have mild success with one a few days old sanding and then using a tack free top gloss from my nail salon. I’m going to check the cast done in the warmer room in a bit x

Sharon France

Hi I have been given a set of sea shell METAl Molds and i am wondering if I can put resin into them without them sticking in the molds. Can I use a silicone release or can you suggest anything as it would be a shame to leave them in the molds.😱💟 Thanks.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Newbie with problems :(’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube