(Not) Mixing Resin Colors

Resin jewelry making resin art supplies Forums Resin Painting (Not) Mixing Resin Colors

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Guliz 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Guliz

Hello,
    I recently used Pebeo’s Gedeo coloured resins. I am not experienced with resin and I am trying different colours and inclusions to get better at different techniques. When I used blue and yellow separately at the two halves of my mould, they quickly mixed in between leaving a green colour in the middle. Is there a way to prevent this? Do I need to wait for the resin to be thicker?
    Also the resin hardened completely in about 48 hours although it has a complete drying time of 24 hours. Can this be because my resin is too old?

• #30667 Reply

Katherine Swift
    Keymaster

Hi Guliz,

Unless you have some kind of barrier between the two colors, they will mix, even if you wait for them to get thicker.

It sounds like your resin was cold. Cold temperatures can cause longer curing times.

• #30757 Reply

Guliz

Thank you very much for your answer. I will try warming it up a little next time.

Reply To: (Not) Mixing Resin Colors
Your information: