Pouring Resin on a flat two sided piece

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      tamara

I am having difficulty with my resin pouring with my pieces they are two sided flat. I put objects usually on one side. Currently my issue is the resin is overflowing on me running off to the finished side of the piece. 

My question is is there something I can use to make a mold of the piece so that it is snug and I can build my resin up a little with out resin run off? or even the worry that it might run off from an object I have placed onto it. 
      Please help getting resin frustrated…. 
      Tamara

Katherine Swift

What kind/brand of resin are you using?

tamara

This time I tried using ice resin in 1 ounce tube that is supposed to come out equal in parts.

Prior I have been using enviro TeX like u see here at this link and have had some good results but still get some run off. 
      http://www.joann.com/envirotex-lite-pour-on-high-gloss-finish/2195923.html?mkwid=cB20eklH|dm&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&utm_campaign=Shopping+-+Crafts&CS_003=10131488&CS_010=%5BProductId%5D&gclid=CLe42fDY68ICFetDMgodZm0Arw
      I think envirotex might be thicker however i have seen some great tutorials using ice resin and wanted to try it at a low cost before buying in bulk.
      Is there anything I can do to create/fix my piece with pouring a new layer on the side that had the run over with out having the problem again repeat itself?
      Katherine Swift

Both of those are doming resins, so they should work fine for what you are trying to do.  I would suggest pouring less on and using a toothpick or stir stix to spread out the resin over the entire surface.  You can see what Im talking about in this video on our you tube channel:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGnktjLr-O4

As for what you have done already, you can try sanding off the edge and recoating.

Alternatively, you can place a layer of masking tape around the edge of your piece and repour.  When the resin cures, peel the tape away.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Pouring Resin on a flat two sided piece’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube