Prep for resources after mistake

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Art

Hello, I is there an prep work other than cleaning up that I should do after a bad pour? I I’m not sure why but my resin didn’t even attempt to set up. After 12 hours it was just as liquid as when I poured it. I I am using famowood brand and I measured both A and B at 40grams each and then added..80 gram (point 8) of black casting craft color pigment so I am confused as to what happened, but I have made several successful pours and then this. You have helped me a couple times already so I ask again is there any advice you have? And thank you in advance.

Art

Also will a final coat of clear epoxy cover the scratches in cored epoxy?

Art

Colored epoxy*

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Art,

If your resin is gooey after the cure time, you are going to need to scrape it off/out of the surface. If it’s simply a little sticky, you can recoat it, but gooey won’t work. 🙁

Yes, a clear coat of epoxy over another layer of resin (either clear or colored) should cover up scratches provided they are minimal. If you are talking about scratches left by sandpaper, you need to end with a 1000 grit or higher in order for the scratches to be covered.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Prep for resources after mistake’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube