Pressure Pot & encapsulation/suspension

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Karen

Hi! I tend to suspend a lot of glitter and gold flake in my designs. Even with everyone’s tips, and vacuum degassing, I still get bubbles. I am considering getting a pressure pot — but will it just push all the suspended materials to one side? Thanks!

Susan HIggins

I have a pressure pot and I thought it would change my life, but it didn’t. The air going into the chamber DID move the resin and the embedded items. So, I purchased a great rack designed for using in a modified paint compressor from Harbor Freight. Here is the link for the rack
      https://ptownsubbie.com/products/2-5-gal-pressure-pot-rack

My son helped me convert the thingy from Harbor Freight, but honestly, if I had it to do over again, I would have bought this: htps://www.artmolds.com/pressure-pot.html. After all was said and done, they probably ended up costing about the same amount of money, and less effort with the ready made one!

Susan HIggins

Also, I lay down a clear layer and let it cure until sticky, then put in my embellishments. Then I’ll pressurize it until it’s fully cured

Wanda Sechrest

I am wanting to buy a pressure pot to use for creating paper weights that include flowers, jewelry, pictures. I have tried to do this but end up with bubbles. What kind of pressure pot should I buy.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Pressure Pot & encapsulation/suspension’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube