…prevent red and purple alcohol ink from disappearing?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      hcclds

I have been working with alcohol inks on metal lately and learned the hard way that resin causes red and purple shades of ink to disappear. I have Krylon sealer spray, and was wondering if a few coats of it would be enough to prevent the resin from erasing the alcohol ink? And with the Krylon spray be able to adhere to the surface of the metal? Does anyone have any experience with this? I don’t know if it matters, but I’m using Ranger brand inks, and I’ve been working with brass and zinc washers and brass, tin, and aluminum sheets.
      Any help or suggestions on this topic would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

I have talked to Ranger about this as well. For some reason, those shades of ink will disappear in resin!

If you use an acrylic based spray, that will work fine with the resin. What I don’t know is whether or not those sprays will also work with metal.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

This article explains more on disappearing alcohol inks: https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-tutorials/bracelet-making/

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘…prevent red and purple alcohol ink from disappearing?’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube