Preventing or removing large bubbles hours after pouring

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Roger

When I pour Resin Obsession Superclear epoxy resin in to my mold there are no bubbles at all, large or small. My process is to pressurize it to 50psi for the 5 minute wait period after I mix it and before I pour it to remove the microscopic bubbles. The large bubbles start to form after 2 hours of sitting in the mold and cover the bottom of the mold and coat the object that I embedded. I have done tests of leaving it out at room temperature(73) ,in the pressure pot @50psi at room temp, placing it in the oven at 100 and 150. The higher temperatures seem to create more bubbles. Here is a picture. 

Katherine Swift

Hi Roger,

I dont know why this is happening.  I will get with our chief chemist to see what the reason for this would be.

Can I ask why youre even pressure casting it to begin with?  Ive used it in many small molds like what you show in the picture and get them to be bubble free.  If youre careful about mixing, you might have a couple of bubbles when you pour, but they generally rise to the top and pop on their own. 

I generally only pressure cast clear polyurethane resin where it cures so quickly that I dont have enough time to get the bubbles out.

Katherine Swift

Roger,

What kind of mold are you using?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Preventing or removing large bubbles hours after pouring’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube