Resin Obsession – Resin Art, Crafts & Jewelry Supplies › Forums › Molds and moldmaking › Questions regarding using casting container
- June 9, 2019 at 4:16 pm #51742Barb NelsonGuest
I have a few different steerhead pendants that I would like to make molds of. I’ve used Alumilite Mold Making Putty for similar items quite often but for this, I want to try putting them into a suitable container and pouring a flexible mold material. All the originals are approx 3″ x 3″ x 1/2″ so I’m figuring I need a casting container at least 4″ x 4″ x 1″. I need some expert advice.
Some questions I have:
1. Is there something already available to purchase so I don’t have to make the container?
2. Are there compatibility issues with what the container is made of and the brand/type of flexible mold making material I use? I will want to reuse the container.
3. I’ve read that the original needs to be glued down to the bottom of the container. Can someone explain this process and what type of glue to use?
4. I think I would like to use Alumilite Casting Resin White in my molds. Again, what are the compatibility issues with the mold making material and the casting material so nothing sticks together?
Thanks so much for any advise.
- June 10, 2019 at 1:42 pm #52020Katherine SwiftKeymaster
You have a lot going on here!
I want to help you with your project, and I think this situation is best suited for a one-on-one consulting call where you and I talk back and forth about what’s going on. I can set you up for a 15 minute consultation call which is $20. If you want to send an email through our contact page, I can get you started with the process of booking an appointment.
- The forum ‘Molds and moldmaking’ is closed to new topics and replies.