Questions while waiting for project to cure?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Elizas Grammy

Hi. Can you tell me, please, how long after my table top (epoxy resin poured over photos, etc.) has cured enough to feel solid to the touch do I have to wait before placing magazines, coasters, etc., on top of it? I was thinking that paperbacked magazines might stick?

Also, how long must I keep my house at 80 degrees during this process? I’m dying in here! ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks!

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Elizas, it depends on the resin you are using. You need to keep the temperature up until the resin reaches a full cure. I’m guessing that is somewhere between one to two days.

I wouldn’t put anything on it until it reaches a hard cure, which generally requires longer time. I’m guessing 5 to 7 days. (The manufacturer should be able to share this information with you too.)

Elizas Grammy

Thanks, Katherine! I’m already the Hot Flash Queen, so having to keep the house this stifling is a bit of a challenge but my grandbabies’ artwork trumps my misery, ha. And thanks for the heads up, as far as placing things on the table once it’s done. I was a bit worried about putting some of my best magazines on it, only to find later that they were “stuck”. I’ll wait it out. ๐Ÿ™‚

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

LOL. Get the ‘can’t stand being hot’ thing. Hang tight. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Questions while waiting for project to cure?’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube