Removing resin from back of bezel

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Barbara S. Andrews

I actually have 2 questions. First of all, how do I remove hardened resin that has attached to the back of the bezel? Secondly, if it turns out that I haven’t put enough resin in the bezel, can I add more after it hardens, or do I have to start all over.

Thanks! I am obviously a newbie at this!

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Barbara,

If you are lucky, you may be able to use pliers to snap the resin off the back of the bezel. If that doesn’t work, you can sand off the excess.

If your bezels are not filled enough, yes, you can fill with more resin.

Happy to help!

BARBARA S ANDREWS

What kind of sandpaper would work best? Thanks!

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

For a sandpaper choice, try to start with the finest grit possible. If it’s a big/thick drip, you may need a 400 grit, otherwise, a 600 grit may be able to do it.

Chris Maqueira

If you work with the resin within 48 hours of its curing, you may be able to (1) ply it off. (If you wait longer it will be too hard); too early and the resin is too stretchy and won’t come off in one piece).
      (2) rub it off with nail polish remover, but this will leave a dull finish so I usually put a layer of resin on the back, intentionally this time. (3)Carefully use a heat gun on the back only enough so it is easier to pry off. Too much heat will ruin the whole thing!

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Also good suggestions from Chris!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Removing resin from back of bezel’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube