- May 29, 2015 at 7:37 am #2034DevoraGuest
Im having problems with making my beach sand jewelry and having the color of the sand not darken. Is there a certain technique I should be using to ensure my sand set in bezel stays true to color. Help, please. Thank you.
- May 30, 2015 at 6:04 am #2035Katherine SwiftGuest
The sand is darkening because it is taking up moisture from the resin. In order for it to stay a light color, it will have to be sealed. Unfortunately, I dont have a good option for you to try that that isnt incredibly tedious. If I were to give it a shot, I would seal the sand with several coats of an acrylic based clearcoat spray.
Let me know what you try!
- May 31, 2015 at 1:38 am #2036DevoraGuest
Hi Kathryn,Thank you for your reply. I will give it a go and keep you posted. I dont mind if whatever it takes is tedious, I just want the product to be perfect or as close as I can get to that. 🙂 Devora
- May 31, 2015 at 1:39 am #2037DevoraGuest
I see I spelled your name wrong.
- August 19, 2015 at 8:25 pm #4038LindsetGuest
You mentioned more tedious ways you would recommend. What would those be?
- August 20, 2015 at 12:39 am #4041
The more tedious way I can think of is to use the resin gloss sealer spray to go over the sand MANY times. http://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/tools-and-supplies/products/castin-craft-gloss-resin-sealer-spray If I were going to try it, I would smooth the sand out into a thin layer on wax paper. Spray, then let dry 15 to 30 minutes. Do it again — at least a dozen times.
- March 28, 2018 at 4:09 pm #12841RebeccaGuest
Can I pour casting resin on top of sand for a beach look??
- March 28, 2018 at 5:14 pm #12842
Yes, but the sand will get wet. You can see what I’m talking about here: https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-tutorials/seashell-resin-jewelry-and-magnets
- May 31, 2020 at 8:22 am #84573JamesGuest
Hi, I’m looking at doing a resin top for my outside bench, I want it to look like a pond with fish sand and stones in, could you give me any advice and materials I would need? Thank you.
- May 31, 2020 at 12:09 pm #84575
We have articles on doing similar projects here:
- The topic ‘Resin and Beach Sand’ is closed to new replies.