Resin and Beach Sand

Home Page Forums Resin Techniques Resin and Beach Sand

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Devora

Im having problems with making my beach sand jewelry and having the color of the sand not darken. Is there a certain technique I should be using to ensure my sand set in bezel stays true to color. Help, please. Thank you.

• #2035 Reply
      Katherine Swift

Hi Devora,

The sand is darkening because it is taking up moisture from the resin.  In order for it to stay a light color, it will have to be sealed.  Unfortunately, I dont have a good option for you to try that that isnt incredibly tedious.  If I were to give it a shot, I would seal the sand with several coats of an acrylic based clearcoat spray.

Let me know what you try!

• #2036 Reply
      Devora

Hi Kathryn,

Thank you for your reply. I will give it a go and keep you posted. I dont mind if whatever it takes is tedious, I just want the product to be perfect or as close as I can get to that. 🙂 Devora
    • #2037 Reply
      Devora

I see I spelled your name wrong. 

• #4038 Reply
      Lindset

You mentioned more tedious ways you would recommend. What would those be?

• #4041 Reply
      Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

The more tedious way I can think of is to use the resin gloss sealer spray to go over the sand MANY times. http://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/tools-and-supplies/products/castin-craft-gloss-resin-sealer-spray If I were going to try it, I would smooth the sand out into a thin layer on wax paper. Spray, then let dry 15 to 30 minutes. Do it again — at least a dozen times.

• #12841 Reply
      Rebecca

Can I pour casting resin on top of sand for a beach look??

• #84573 Reply
      James

Hi, I’m looking at doing a resin top for my outside bench, I want it to look like a pond with fish sand and stones in, could you give me any advice and materials I would need? Thank you.

Viewing 7 reply threads
Reply To: Resin and Beach Sand
Your information:

Cancel