Resin and glue

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Jo

Hi and thanks in advance for any help you can give. I want to make a miniature trifle using layers of resin (transparent red for jam, opaque yellow for custard, opaque white for cream, you get the idea!). I’ve made slices of strawberry out of polymer clay. Because the sides of my ‘trifle dish’ are curved, I need to somehow fix them before I pour in my resin jam, otherwise they’ll float all over the place! I need to glue the tip of the strawberry slice to the glass. I worry that whatever glue I use will show, ‘eat’ into the glass, or react with the resin. Plus, the glue will be a clear blob, and show against the red resin. I know this is a completely random question, but any advice would be appreciated!

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Jo,

If it were me, I would glue the strawberries to the side of the glass with a dot of E6000 or a dot of five-minute, two-part epoxy.

Joanne Hardy

Thank you, I’ve tried this, using a dab of resin as glue. It’s holding fine, but I’m not sure how the rest of the resin ‘jelly’ will flow around the stuck bits. I guess I’ll see when I do it!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Resin and glue’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube