resin application in summer

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      tina

i want to know what precautions should be taken if you are applying resin in summer.i am using 8mm mdf board as base for my painting.my resin is thin like water. the temp. here is almost 35 degree celcius.when i tried to apply reins+hardner , after 2/3 hrs.pits appeared on some parts.can anyone guide me. i tried to use heat gun but it was of no use.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

It sounds like your resin is getting too hot. It does best in an environment of low 70’s F (~ 22C)

Tina

Unfortunately I have to complete the order of paintings within a week.. painting part is done but coating it with epoxy is still remaining.

Tina

The temperature at night
      drops to 28 degree celcius and not below

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

Can you work with it in an air conditioned room?

Tina

Thanks for immediate replies.unfortunately I don’t have a/c at home.. the weather Dept has predicted temp will be between 38-24 degree celcius.

Tina

Can you please tell me what the exact procedure to apply epoxy on MDF board..or just where will I get the information about it.
      I am using 8mm MDF board as base for the painting. my epoxy is thin like water.

tina

I purchased epoxy resin hardener from another manufacturer and applied it on another painting but now problem is of many micro bubbles. I tried to use heatgun but unable to pop bubbles. I followed instruction given by manufacturer. I mixed the resin,hardener slowly. I mixed resin,hardener and kept it aside for 2/3 min. i saw there were no bubbles in bowl i applied it on my painting.after 5/10 min the micro bubbles started appearing. i tried a lot but unable to pop them. i don’t understand the reason and also unable to find solution for it.

tina

thanks once again….
      you have suggested to make resin warm . but temperature here is almost 95+ degree fahreinheit.so for how many min I should keep my resin bottle in hot water.

Tina

Thanks for help.

Is resin hardener used for casting jewellery..different from the resin hardener used for coating the artwork/ painting ?

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

All hardeners, like all resins, vary in formula. You need to be sure you are using the specific hardener meant for the resin you are using.

tina

/how to calculate the exact amount of resin+hardener mix required to coat?..the size of my paintings is 12x 16 inch..

tina

thanks for help..

Tina

I followed the suggestion given by you to avoid the bubbles in resin hardener.i managed to reduce the number of bubbles.but still there were few bubbles which appeared after pouring resin.i tried all tricks but couldn’t pop them.one more problem is very small Corner is dry in all frames.i can’t figure out how to avoid that.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The topic ‘resin application in summer’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube