Resin bubbles

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Carole A Fessler

Despite being very careful with the temperature where the product is kept and mixing for 5minutes and rest for 3 minutes I am still getting too many bubbles in the finished product.

Any other idea’s of how to avoid them ???

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Carole,

I can tell you’re very committed to bubble-free artwork and I want to make sure we help you get there. 🙂

Here are a few ideas:

1. It’s hard to heat up an entire large bottle of resin and have it make a significant change in the temperature. Instead, I like to measure out what I need, then put those cups of resin into a hot water bath. They will heat up warmer and quicker rather than doing the entire bottle. Of course, if you are going to do it this way, you need to be extra careful about keeping water out of your resin.

2. For me, I’ve never found that letting this formula rest for five minutes before pouring has been helpful to remove bubbles. Instead, I like to mix well, then pour it onto the surface. Will you have more bubbles this way? Yes, but now they only need to travel 1/16 to 1/8 inch up instead of maybe a couple of inches in your cup.

3. Are you using a heat gun to pop the bubbles? This article explains how I do, plus shows the one in our store I like to use. https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-frequently-asked-questions/how-to-use-a-heat-gun-with-resin/. You can use a torch, but for safety reasons, I prefer the heat gun. (Less chance of starting a fire.). Whatever you use, please be careful.

Here is an article with some other ideas on what you can do for bubbles: https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-frequently-asked-questions/resin-bubbles/

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Resin bubbles’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube