Resin Obsession – Resin Art, Crafts & Jewelry Supplies › Forums › Whoops! › Resin casting stuck to table
- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Aya.
- October 19, 2018 at 11:33 am #16051Katherine SwiftKeymaster
This question comes from Susan:
I recently took a piece I made from it’s mold & set it on my dining room table. Evidently the bottom was still a bit tacky and now it is stuck! LOL Any ideas how I can get it off, I have tried prying it and it is stuck on there good.
- October 19, 2018 at 11:40 am #16052Katherine SwiftKeymaster
I’m sorry to hear this happened to you. How frustrating!
At this point, you need to go into it with the idea that something is likely to be ruined – your table or casting or both.
Try adding boiling water or a heat gun to the base of your casting where it meets the table. The idea is to soften it up to allow you to use something like a screwdriver or paint scraper to get underneath the resin and lift it up. It may take five to ten minutes of ‘heat’ exposure to get it soft enough to lift up.
- October 19, 2018 at 1:54 pm #16054SusanGuest
Thank you! I am hoping it is just the cast that gets ruined. I will let you know how it works!
- December 5, 2018 at 11:38 am #18435AyaGuest
I had some resin stuck on a table and the hot water trick worked!