Resin Cells can't be maintained, keep disappearing.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Lila

Hello!
      So I have tried several times on different projects to create large sharp cells, but whenever I manage to pull of cells small or large, they will be beautiful and sharp for about 3 minutes , and then they disappear! The color just slowly smooths out and blends back together and instead of cells I get a thin transparent layer of color. I tried to make them in larger or smaller areas but both just always eventually disappear.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Lila,

I’m sorry to hear this is happening to you. Have you tried pouring your resin closer to the end of the pot time? The resin should be less likely to ‘move’ at that point.

Lila

Yes I tried it when it was very watery and another time I waited for it to be thicker and still no luck, I’ll try again tonight and let it get even more thicker and see

Deborah Davis

Did you ever figure this out? I made a table the other day turned out so perfectly with these large and small cells that stayed sharp and looked gorgeous, but I have not been able to recreate it they look fantastic for a few minutes and then they just turn into mud it’s very disappointing. I thought it was the epoxy I was using I tried a different epoxy, tried different spray paint, tried different alcohol. Any answers?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Resin Cells can't be maintained, keep disappearing.’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube