Resin coating in small bowls

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Sharon

I am making small “trinket” trays as gifts. i bought small dip dishes and coated the inside with glitter. I did the first coat of resin and have put the initial in vinyl on the bottom. I want to do another coat but I want the sides to be smooth. Right now I know the glitter is not going anywhere but it is rough. If I were to fill the whole bowl (they are small) with resin and let sit for an hour then pour it out, will the sides coat heavier? When I did the first coat I turned it constantly for a while but knew it would eventually settle on the bottom. I am just trying to find a way to get that smooth feel throughout the inside of the dish.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Another layer of resin will help, but it won’t apply any thicker the second time around.

Are you using a doming resin?

Sharon

I think it is. This is my first attempt at using resin – trying to figure out it out and I bought a kit at michaels that is FD approved. It was blue box with a 1:1 mix ratio.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Sounds like you are using a doming resin. They generally self-level to a 1/8″ thickness.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Resin coating in small bowls’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube