Resin colors blurring together

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Tracy Frary

I’m having trouble creating the “ocean waves” look that I want. I’m OK with different color blues, but my white resin seems to just blur into the blues, instead of giving me a nice crisp line or lacing effect. Am I just not using enough white color/pigment? I mix white acrylic paint and some opaque pigment into the resin, but maybe it’s not opaque enough. I’ve tried using hair dryer, straw, and heat gun, but I seem to have the same problem (blowing through a straw seems to work best). Do I need to try multiple layers instead of doing it all in one pour? Any tips are welcome…the online videos seem to cover pouring technique, but not color mixing… Thanks!

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster
      Tracy Frary

Yes, thanks…that’s exactly the look I’m going for…it’s beautiful! I suspect I just need to really get the white as opaque as possible (more acrylic and pigment). I’ll work on color first, then try to get after the lacing…it’s a learning process. Thank goodness for cheap wooden coasters and cutting boards at Home Goods for experimentation (and gifts) :)!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Resin colors blurring together’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube