Resin curing concern

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Shawna Schink

Hello! I am new to using resin and purchased your super clear epoxy resin to make some small phone pop sockets in molds. I followed your instructions to use the mold release first and waited for it to dry. I mixed my resin for 3 minutes and was sure to get all edges/bottom of the mixing cup I bought from you as well as the mixing tool several times. I mixed 4 ounces of part a with 2 ounces of part b and put a few ‘found objects’ in the molds with a couple drops of alcohol ink for color. All found items were completely dry. I read the resin should start to cure within 25-30 mins but upon completing my project I noticed it had been about an hour and was still able to drop a few last minute items into my project. Now I am concerned I may have done something incorrectly as I know to completely cure it takes 8-12 hours but should I have been able to drop a few more found items in there at the hour mark? Could the alcohol ink have been the culprit or based off of the information I provided can you tell me if I’m just being impatient as I am a new resin artist and it sounds as though I should have a solid cured project in a few hours? Thank you so much for any guidance you can provide!

Shawna Schink

Also, I should note my room temperature is 72 and not humid! Thank you!

Shawna Rae Schink

Nevermind, I came back after the full 8 hours and they were done!

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

Hi Shawna, I’m glad to hear they cured for you!

On a side note — are you sure you mixed six ounces (total) at once? I only ask because we only recommend mixing no more than three ounces at once. More than that and the resin can overheat.

Just curious….

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Resin curing concern’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube