resin doesn't get tacky

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      ann

hi. i just started making resin jewellery and i have a bit of a problem geting the resin to get tacky! i use pebeo crystal resin and when i mix it is super runny (over 1h after mixing it) . when i was working with it yesterday i first poured a smal amount, put flowers etc in the mold but hours (about2-3h maybe even longer) later the flowers still floated to the surfice (it was a super smal amount of resin i put the flowers in) and the glitter i hade in another cup constantly sank to the bottom. I’m sure that i mixed it thuruly and that the measurements where correct. i use a lighter to remove bubbles (but only sparingly and using a straw doesn’t seem to work at all) if that makes any difference.

/ann

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Ann,

I’m sorry to hear you are having problems. This articles covers several reasons why your resin isn’t curing: https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-frequently-asked-questions/resin-troubleshooting-tips/

ann

than you for the help! next time I’m gonna heat the resin befor mixing and see if that helps =)

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

That will help reduce the number of bubbles too. Let me know how it goes! 😉

Cate

Hi Ann, I’ve also used some resin that just has such a low viscosity and long curing time that any inclusions, including pigment colouring, won’t stay put and either float or sink. My solution was to switch to another variety of resin that had a pot time of about 15 minutes.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘resin doesn't get tacky’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube