Resin dust after wet sanding

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Bryony

Please someone tell me what to do with this tray of water I’ve got that’s just full of resin dust now after wet sanding some bookmarks I made. I can’t think of a safe way to dispose of it unless I have to go out and buy something to filter it with and throw it away after? If I used a towel would I have to throw the towel away? I’ve looked everywhere for an answer but no blog or tutorial seems to say what to do with the water afterwards.
      Thanks
      Bryony

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Bryony, one option is to save the water to take to a hazardous materials collection center.

Bryony

Is that what everyone does? I thought there would be a simpler solution. I have no idea if there is a place in my town to take it or if they would even accept it. I see a lot of info about uncured resin disposal and disposal of the resin and hardener containers but there is nothing about the dust after wet sanding, did I just do it completely wrong? Where was all the dust supposed to go if not in the water? I thought that was the safest option. 😓 I’ll have to call the council and ask I guess?

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

Hi Bryony,

You can also let your water evaporate. Then, put the dust into a plastic container and throw into your trash.

Bryony

That was my first thought but the water started to mould before it had evaporated. I used quite a large tub because I wasn’t sure how much would be enough and didn’t realise the problem I’d have until after. I drained it with a towel in a rush just now after I realised it had gone bad but now I don’t know what to do with the resin-dust-towel or how better to go about it next time. I’m assuming I’ll just have to throw it out and use bare minimum water next time?
      Thanks for the advice

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Resin dust after wet sanding’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube