Resin for a Large Clear Sphere

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Dez

Hello!

I am a first time pourer working on a resin-based art project. I want to suspend an item in a crystal ball. I’m casting my own silicone mold from a 6″ diameter crystal ball, but I don’t know what resin to use for the actual pour. I need something clear that can be poured a total of ~1.85 liters. I’m basing my project off a youtube video I found for making large scale dragon ball z balls, but I’m suspending a petrified eggo waffle instead of gold stars.

In addition to what type of resin I should buy, I’ll appreciate any other tips and suggestions.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Dez,

The Resin Obsession deep pour resin will work great for a project like this. You can find it in our store here:
      https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/resin/resin-obsession-deep-pour-resin

You can mix anywhere from 3 ounces to 3 gallons at once. You shouldn’t pour more than two inches at once though, so you will have to do several pours for your project. If you pour the next layer while the previous layer is in the gel phase, it will minimize the lines between layers.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Resin for a Large Clear Sphere’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube